Send a case history of a person with the same or similar condition.
1 Send a detailed letter from each doctor who is treating you. It is important that the doctor describes the severity of the condition, extent of hair loss.
2. Explain that without a “Full custom cranial prosthesis “ leading a normal life and being able to work would be very difficult . He /She should mention the mental distress you have experienced due to your medical treatment.
3. A brief letter from psychiatrist or psychologist may also be beneficial if possible.
4. Enclose a prescription ( on actual prescription form) from the doctor who ordered the cranial prosthesis. The prescription must use this verbiage and have the correct diagnostic code for the insurance company to process your claim. A9282 ORN-1
5. Obtain a receipt from the hair replacement specialist performing the service. The invoice must show all charges and must be paid in full. Make sure receipt reads: “ A full cranial prosthesis to counteract the psychological distress secondary to ( alopecia, cancer, burns, radiation, injury, surgery etc.”)
6. Explain the differences between wigs and custom made cranial prosthesis.
7. Talk with your carrier by phone, insist they confirm your conversation in writing. If they fail to do so prepare your own record of the conversation.
The most important item to remember when submitting a claim is to be very thorough in your documentation. When the insurance company reviews your claim, you want them to have the information needed to approve the claim in an expeditious manner.
I hope this information has been helpful
Hair Replacement Solutions for Women
1330 North Broadway Suite F ,Walnut Creek ,CA 94596